Start A Hospice Franchise
Is it your dream to start a hospice franchise and make a difference is someone's life? Starting a hospice agency with our franchise model will allow you reaches out to patients and families during their most challenging moments. Your hospice agency will provide compassionate assistance for patients and families in need of psycho-social and spiritual support. Patients care needs are at the highest and most critical point during this stage. Most patients require 24/7 personal care along with their hospice services, so this business has one of the highest potential in dual care needs.
Your agency will be one of the best home care options because you can provide all aspects of care in the home without transferring to another agency. Care Consistency is crucial to the patient and their families. The easier you can make it for them the more successful you will be.
The Home Care Industry is Entering a Transformative Decade Ahead.
At least 10,000 baby boomers will turn 65 every day until 2029, and the U.S. will need to hire 2.3 million new healthcare workers to care for this aging population by 2025.
This means the industry is ripe for innovation and growth. Healthcare across the world is turning to home- and community-based care.
Hospice is a Philosophy of Care That Offers Many Benefits to Patients and Families.
It can enrich the last stage of life. Hospice is designed to support the more personal aspects of this life stage: reflecting on one’s life and legacy, focusing on relationships in a deeper and more intentional way, achieving a sense of closure, and realizing any end-of-life goals.
According to Aging in Place:
Click on the Video Above to Learn More About Our Franchise Models and How You Can Earn Multiple Streams of Income for ONE Patient.
Most People are Referred Too Late and Unable to Benefit From the Specialized Services Hospice Can Provide.
As more people transition to hospice care, the need for specialized programs to support multiple diagnoses and chronic conditions will also increase. The focus needs to be on earlier intervention, patient education and developing more disease specific programs and strategies. Home Care for the 21st Century’s Franchise Model not only provides hospice it allows the opportunity to provide pre-hospice service with the additional models to create a continuum, so that we can care for people for a longer period of time with a really organized system of care that improves the quality of their lives.
Our Unique Multi-Model Opportunity
Our multi-model approach allows you to care for someone from birth to death and creates an opportunity to receive multiple revenue streams for one patient. A patient on hospice often needs additional support such as companion, personal care, durable medical equipment, and non-medical transportation. Home Care for the 21st Century’s model allows you to be able to support a quicker transition into hospice to provide a better quality end of life experience for the patient and the family.
Services Your Hospice Franchise Will Provide:
- Providing comfort and loving care during end of life.
- Improving the quality of life for people dealing with progressive, advanced, and terminal illnesses.
Your own Franchise helps you secure patients in multiple areas. The following models will compliment your Hospice care patient opportunities/census:
- Companion Care
- Personal Care
- Medicare Home Health
We provide the following services for your Hospice Business:
- Completion of required state licensing applications and federal Medicare applications.
- State specific customized policy and procedure manuals plus all operational materials.
- Hands-on assistance with completion of accrediting body’s self-study or preliminary evidence report.
- Assistance with office set-up and staff selection.
- Complete orientation and competency program.
- Contract templates and guidance with securing required contracts.
- Development of quality assurance – including tools for monitoring and tracking.
- Bereavement and volunteer development programs.
- On-site visits for pre-licensure survey and accreditation survey preparation.
- Four full days of intense, off-site training. This includes Hospice 101, Day to Day Operations, Leadership Training, Clinical Documentation, Medicare Accreditation, Coding/Billing, and more.
- Experienced resources needed for agency operations.
- Strategic financial planning -including education on Cap allowance & calculations.
- Understanding capitalization reports, P&L reports, staff utilization, and cost reports.
- Strategic marketing.
- Personal account manager and clinical liaison available as needed for consultation and coaching.
- Lifetime Access to our A Heart for Hospice Conference.
- Advanced education resources; including access to our exclusive hospice portal and educational videos.